In 2021, the national minimum wage in Hungary remained fixed at 442.4 € / month that is 5,309 euros/ year, taking into account 12 payments/year.
Legal working hours
The daily working time in full-time jobs is eight hours (regular daily working time). Based on an agreement between the parties, the daily working time in full-time jobs may be increased to not more than twelve hours daily for employees:
- a) working in stand-by jobs;
- b) who are relatives of the employer or the owner (extended daily working time).
According to the work schedule:
- a) the daily working time of employees shall not exceed twelve hours;
- b) the weekly working time of employees shall not exceed forty-eight hours
Minimum number of days/hours off:
At least eleven hours of uninterrupted rest period shall be provided after the conclusion of daily work and before the beginning of the next day’s work.
Each week two rest days must be scheduled (weekly rest day).
The amount of vested vacation time shall be twenty working days.
Employees shall be entitled to extra vacation time as follows:
- a) one working day over the age of twenty-five;
- b) two working days over the age of twenty-eight;
- c) three working days over the age of thirty-one;
- d) four working days over the age of thirty-three;
- e) five working days over the age of thirty-five;
- f) six working days over the age of thirty-seven;
- g) seven working days over the age of thirty-nine;
- h) eight working days over the age of forty-one;
- i) nine working days over the age of forty-three;
- j) ten working days over the age of forty-five.
Notification requirement as per the Posted Workers Directive
Undertakings that post workers on the territory of Hungary are required to submit a notification, that must include the following:
-Identification of the service provider
-Identification of the service provided
-Identification of the service provision (e.g. Anticipated number of clearly identifiable posted workers)
Connect with Nestlers consultants
Do you need immigration and relocation services or consultancy?
It’s easy! Use the below contact form and one of our experts will provide you an answer as soon as possible.
Our consultants can help you in obtaining legal documents and can provide you with assistance regarding the immigration processes, relocation, taxes and payroll, Social Security (European forms A1, S1, U1, etc.) for your employees.