- Entry is allowed for:
- Portuguese nationals and residents (including close family members);
- EU/Schengen Area nationals and their family members;
- EU residents;
- Travelers entering by air from EU/Schengen Area countries and Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland and Switzerland;
- Residents of Australia, China, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, New Zealand, Rwanda, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, traveling from these countries;
- Holders of Portuguese employment-based visas and permits (including those newly approved);
- Staff travelling for the performance of professional activities (documentation is required) with an international dimension;
- Travelers visiting close family members (spouses and first degree family members), residents in Portugal;
- International freight transport;
- Cross-border workers and seasonal workers with documented employment relationship;
- Travel by emergency, relief vehicles and emergency services;
- Travelers in transit;
- Health staff (documentation is required).
- Consular posts are operating by prior appointment.
- The immigration department is operating by prior appointment only for urgent services.
- NIF are suspended until further notice.
- Visa types whose processing has been resumed: study, volunteer work, research, family reunification, highly qualified activity, teaching, transfer of WTO nationals, service providers, entrepreneur/start-up.
- Flights are limited to those originating in EU/Schengen Area countries and essential travel.
- Travelers (including transiting travelers) must complete a Passenger Locator Card online.
- Travelers required to quarantine complete a form, which renders a certificate that travelers must present upon entry.
- Negative COVID-19 PCR test required, from a test completed no more than 72 hours before boarding, for travelers from: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Mainland China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau SAR, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Romania, Rwanda, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Thailand and the United Kingdom (including travelers who had a stopover or transit in Brazil or South Africa in the 14 days before entry) and for travelers entering form outside the EU/Schengen Area for permitted essential travel.
- Children under two years old are exempt from the COVID-19 testing requirement.
- Temperature screening for all arrivals. Persons with fever may be subject to a COVID-19 PCR test. They may leave the airport if they provide their destination details and must remain under quarantine there until they receive a negative test result.
- 14-day quarantine required for travelers from Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Slovenia, Estonia, France, Hungary, Italy, Malta, Poland, South Africa and Sweden.
- Travelers staying under 48 hours (proved by a return ticket) for essential purposes are exempt.
- Residence cards and residence visas for which a renewal application is pending are automatically extended until December 31, 2021. The extended status is only valid within Portugal and does not confer Schengen travel rights.
- National ID cards (for Portuguese nationals) expiring on or after February 24, 2020 are considered valid until December 31, 2021.
Connect with Nestlers consultants
Do you need immigration and relocation services or consultancy?
It’s easy! Use the below contact form and one of our experts will provide you an answer as soon as possible.
Our consultants can help you in obtaining legal documents and can provide you with assistance regarding the immigration processes, relocation, taxes and payroll, Social Security (European forms A1, S1, U1, etc.) for your employees.