The COVID-19 pandemic is having an unprecedented impact on immigration policies and processes worldwide. In order to contain the spread of the virus, dozens of jurisdictions implement new measures or change existing ones every day.
Algeria is one of the countries that have recently updated their immigration restrictions, as you can see below:
- Labour offices are open and operating with full staff.
- Most international flights to and from Algeria are suspended, except for medevac, repatriation flights and charter flights for oil and gas fields (authorization from the Algerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs may be required). Additionally, charter flights with the JetAir company are available from Madrid to Hassi Messaoud.
- 14-day quarantine at a government facility or residence is required.
- Travelers must have a printed medical certificate with a negative COVID-19 test result issued as most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. The certificate must be in Arabic, French or English. Travelers under the age of 12 are exempt from this requirement.
- Immigration departments have been instructed to facilitate the visa extension process for foreign nationals whose visas are due to expire in order to maintain compliance.
Connect with Nestlers consultants
Do you need immigration and relocation services or consultancy?
It’s easy! Use the below contact form and one of our experts will provide you an answer as soon as possible.
Our consultants can help you in obtaining legal documents and can provide you with assistance regarding the immigration processes, relocation, taxes and payroll, Social Security (European forms A1, S1, U1, etc.) for your employees.